At Roseglen, you will enjoy our many amenities including the enjoyable and tasty cuisine offered in our dining room, the opportunity to meet new friends and enjoy the variety of activities and recreational programs, or relax in our brightly lit and spacious atrium.
At the heart of Roseglen is the atrium. This indoor courtyard provides warmth and sunshine year round and features two large skylights, a 24-hour large beverage and snack bar, comfortable furniture for lounging or for reading the newspaper, and a place to hold card games, Pub Night, musical performances, mini-putt, Happy Hour, church services, guest speakers, Birthday Hours, and so much more. Our new Village Suites also has its own 24-hour cafe with hot and cold beverages, snacks and fruit available.
There are several other lounge areas in the building where you may enjoy some conversation with a friend, family member or guest or just simply read a book.
Good nutrition and excellent taste are on everyone’s list of priorities.
At Roseglen, we pride ourselves in providing enjoyable dining experiences that include heart-healthy cooking, fresh foods, seasonal specialties, and menus tailored to meet personal dietary requirements. Resident satisfaction is our highest priority and we listen to and provide our residents with choices. Our bright, spacious and well-appointed dining room allows for a delightful and social time at meals.
· Creative Pursuits:
Sewing, knitting, gardening, holiday decoration projects, mindful art, poetry reading, annual Capitol Theatre Christmas Tree Decorations, musical productions
Seated exercise classes, balance and strength for falls prevention exercise classes, walking program, billiards, shuffleboard, health speakers, mini putt, carpet bowling, Winter and Summer Olympics, darts, Wii bowling, balloon volleyball, laughter yoga
· Social and Recreation:
Movie night, sing-a-longs, bingo, bridge, cards, puzzle table, musical entertainment, Pub Night, fashion shows, holiday celebrations, birthday hour, crokinole, ice cream socials, weekly summer barbeque
· Education and Culture:
Theatre outings, current events discussions, book club, Reflections Group, guest speakers, educational trips
Church services, hymn sing
You never stop learning. Join activities that will expand your horizons and satisfy your curiosity.
· Each new resident is provided with an Emergency Care Attendant Wearable Technology to alert staff when needed. When activated, a call is placed to the portable phone that is carried by the Care Attendant(s) on duty.
· Modern fire safety systems and practices are in line with the Ontario Fire Code. Smoke Alarms are provided in resident suites and Smoke Detectors in common areas and work or storage rooms as required. There is a Sprinkler System throughout the facility.
· Roseglen has a large Backup Generator that would maintain the facility with all essential services in the event of a power interruption.
· The building is of solid concrete construction.
· There is a Security Monitoring System for all exterior doors.